Tuesday, January 12, 2016

RMGB in 2016

As you have probably noticed, after my post from September 2014 celebrating the 10th anniversary of this blog, there were no new posts for OVER A YEAR! This was not intentional, I just got a bit distracted with my YouTube channel and found it hard to find the time to devote to both things. However, one of my new years resolutions for 2016 is/was to bring the blog back to life and dedicate more time to it.  I will be achieving this in a couple of ways.  Firstly, every YouTube video I make starts with a written script - that's just the way I work.  So, there is no reason that script can't be used as the basis for a blog article as well.  Since the beginning of the year, I've already been doing this, and I think it's working out pretty well - we already have reviews of Tales of Xillia and Evoland live, a written version of my Cobra Triangle video from Rare Replay, and my Monkey Island Mondays series will be starting very soon.

In addition to this, I would also like to post content that is exclusive to the blog.  This will take the form of diary type posts initially, but I would also like to include other things as well.  Sometimes it's difficult to make a video of a game because capturing the footage is challenging - 3DS and DS games can't be captured very easily unless I a) spend a lot of money on getting my system modded or b) point a regular camcorder at the screen, which results in crappy quality.  I could sometimes use footage captured by other people - for example World of Longplays let you use their video, as long as you give them credit.  In cases where they haven't covered the particular game I've been playing though, a written review will have to do.  I will try and find some other blog exclusive things that I can post as well.

My plan is to make the RetroModern Gaming Blog bigger and better than it's ever been before in 2016. It's a shame about the large absence - I am thinking about posting some of the content that didn't make it on there, as I still have the written versions for most of it.  Mostly though, this year is about looking forwards, not backwards (unless it's playing old games - that's allowed!).  I already have quite a list of games that I'm either playing now or want to play in the near future, including: Fallout 4, Evoland 2, Tales of Xillia 2, The Book of Unwritten Tales, all the main series Resident Evil titles I haven't finished (5, 6, Revelations and Revelations 2), and all the Legend of Zelda titles I haven't finished (Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, Majora's Mask, The Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Skyward Sword).  There's no way I will get to all of the Resident Evil and Zelda games this year, but I would at least like to make a start.  I will also be playing quite a few smaller Steam games, and playing more graphic adventure games thanks to the Steam Link. I am actually hoping for a fairly quiet period where new releases are concerned, so I can focus on playing older games!  There will inevitably be some big new games that distract me though, such as No Man's Sky - I can't wait for that one!

All things being well, Monkey Island Mondays will begin next week - I have the written version all ready to go, I just need to finish editing the video version.  I would like them to go live at the same time.  It's been quite a lot of work putting it together, and a long time coming, so I hope you really enjoy it.  See you next week!

1 comment:

HDSnoopy said...

:-)
Welcome back.